Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days

I'm back!!! Football season is OVER and I can resume life as I knew it pre-football season.  Before I begin--Make sure you get out and vote.  Be heard, be counted.  Our ancestors didn't have the same rights we have and they paved the way for us-- make sure you do your part and VOTE!  If you don't know the candidates or the issues, check your State Board of Elections website-all the information is there.

Give me 30 days---30 days to re-focus, re-direct, re-charge and re-discover ME.  Football season and back to school causes me to shift most of my focus, time and energy towards my boys.  (it's easier to maintain more of a balance-in the off season)  While I still maintained an exercise routine and ran one race since the last time I blogged, football season leaves me with a ounce of energy and I use that for self-care and self-preservation.  I thought I could do it ALL, but somehow, I wasn't able to.  I learned a valuable lesson this football season.  I CAN do it ALL, just NOT all at once and definitely NOT during football season.  I also learned that when you make a promise to yourself, you should keep it....otherwise the regret isn't worth it.  I don't regret much, but I do regret I didn't keep a promise I made to myself prior to football season.   So, the next 30 days will be about me getting back on task, setting/readjusting some goals, and making some changes.  Anybody with me?  The changes can be whatever you want--and I bet after 30 days---the changes will stick!!! So, who is in?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a great attitude to me! We can do it all, just not at the same time! Re-focusing is great! Looking forward to reading about your progress!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete