Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Confessions-Beautiful Belly's

I must confess, nothing beats a not-so-good day at work, than a night of fun, laughter and dancing with girlfriends!  Something about laughing and dancing, or laughing while you dance, really cures what ails you, or me in this case.  I signed up for Belly Dancing.  Yep, I sure did and the cool thing is, as much as I've been working on getting a 6-pack; I am delighted to know that in the Belly Dancing world, a 6-pack is not required.  As a matter of fact, voluptuous belly's in their most natural or un-defined state are actually beautiful, sexy even.  Sure, small, thin belly's are in, but in the belly dancing world, big belly's are to be embraced and exposed!!!  I may have found a comfort zone for the belly!  Now, under normal circumstances, I would never consider exposing my belly, however, last night, a girlfriend said--"next week we should wear mid-driffs!"  As I laughed hysterically at her suggestion, I must confess I'm actually contemplating it.  You see, in belly dancing class, I could actually get away with wearing a mid-driff, but no where else!   As you become more seasoned in life (read: as you age) you do gain a certain amount of confidence that you didn't previously have.  However, with that, you have to be a little cautious that you don't get to over-confident and take it too far!  For example, if I do decide to wear a mid-driff for belly dancing purposes only, it will be worn to class, under another longer shirt, then exposed, and re-covered prior to exiting the dance class.  I am one who always "when in Rome--do as the Romans"...so, since I have the dance scarf with coins--shouldn't I add the mid-driff?  I want to encourage everyone on this journey with me, to get involved in something that will really boost your spirits (get your body moving) and add some happiness to your day.     Focus on the positive it will help to cancel out all the negative....be inspired and I hope you dance!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are always doing something! Belly Dancing sounds fun. I've been working out with the ladies at the church---far from belly dancing but still fun. I'm usually a loner--preferring to struggle and be embarrassed by myself, but I really enjoy the fellowship.

    Thanks for the encouragement to "get movin!" (We're having t-shirts made with this on them. I'll send you one whenever they're ready.)

    Love ya!
    V.

    ReplyDelete