Friday, August 13, 2010

Resilience & Willpower

I recently had an interesting lesson in resilience and willpower all in the form of getting rid of a reptile from my garage.  Yes, reptile seems extreme, but snakes are reptiles right?  Have you ever been challenged to the point where you either show resilience & willpower or you retreat?  My experience with my slimmy invader was that of resilience and willpower.  My strong will for him to leave and find residence elsewhere versus his resilient will to live and not retreat.  The "adventures" leading up to the snake adventure and those that followed were nothing short of comical, yes, another Lucy experience!!!!!!  Afterwards, when Calgon took me away, I thought about it, and said, wow that snake (Sammy) was resilient and had alot of willpower.  I attempted numerous extinquishing techniques and Sammy continued to raise up like, is that all you got?  I was like Glambo (Rambo, but glamorous) in my attempts.  The only thing that was missing was the Uzi and the combat gear!   I just wanted to stun him enough or "drown" him in my extinguishing cocktail, so I could get him OUT OF THE GARAGE!!!  (for all of you thinking, grab a shovel...it just wasn't that simple-Sammy was in a bucket; and for those who are saying grab the bucket and dump it, again--it wasn't that simple).  Suffice it to say, I ended up, running out of the garage, with a full bucket of my extinquishing cocktail and Sammy, and I HURLED it into the wilderness where it belonged!  Needless to say, my cape needs replaced and so does my bucket. All in all, I want to encourage all of you to learn from Sammy--you should rely on (God first) resilience and willpower to get through the journey and challenges of life.  Never give up despite people or circumstances trying to extinquish your will, spirit or your mission.  You have the resilience and willpower, you just have to use it!  The only retreat you should have is at a Spa!

1 comment:

  1. Thank God everything turned out okay :-) This post was too funny!

    ReplyDelete